A guide to packing your house before a move
You might be tired of living in your current home or you moving to a new city. You are excited about moving to a new place and meeting new people. Before you decide to move to a particular area, you have to have a house to settle in. To buy a house, you first need to be aware of the real estate laws that operate in that location. States and cities might have different laws. For instance, New Hampshire real estate laws might be different from Vermont real estate laws. When you are done with that, then you can think about moving to a new home.
Packing all your belongings and moving to a new home seems to be an exciting thing to do especially if plan to hire people to box your stuff. If not planned accordingly, this can lead to a chaos when you are unpacking.
Guide to packing your house before moving:
¥ First of all, keep away everything which you will need until the last moment. These items need to be packed just one day before you are moving. These items will include cleaning supplies, pet food, bedding and some basic utensils in your kitchen.:
¥ Make a list of everything you are going to pack. It is better to categorize stuff into different groups. You can either categorize it according to the material or the room to which they belong. For example, you can have a category of glassware, plastic ware or wooden items, or you can categorize the stuff according to kitchenware, bathroom stuff, garageware etc. Keep this list safe with you as this will help you out a great deal when you are unpacking.
- For large appliances like refrigerator, television, computer and etc, it is better to enclose them in their original cartons with their original packing materials. This will help them to keep in place and will cause minimal damage to the appliances.
- For fragile items, use newspaper or other packing materials. On this carton, mention clearly that the contents are fragile and should be handled with care.
- When you are packing books, use small boxes for them. Books, when stacked together, can be quite heavy to lift. Thus, small boxes will mean a lesser number of books per box and this will be easier to lift.
- Organize a transportation company company like transport executive man and van services.
- Do not fold the carpets and rugs as they will require more space. Instead, roll them in cylinders and tie them securely. Make sure that you tie them properly so that they do not open up while loading and unloading. The cylinders will make sure that they fit even in the least place available and leave room for other items.
- Label the boxes as soon as you pack each one. Also, you should label more than on one side. Make the label clear and also mention the contents and the room to which it belongs.
- There are a lot of things that you are likely to forget. These may include spare keys, mails, phone numbers and contact addresses. Make sure you keep them. Lastly, when you have moved everything, take a last look to ensure you have not missed out anything.